3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Insulating and Sealing Compound 2104 is a 2-part, liquid-type, semi-flexible resin useful for providing permanent splice protection. This polyurethane resin has a good wetting and impregnating property, which makes it easy to infuse on any surface. It is useful for applications that include filling, potting, sealing, insulating and more.
3M™ Scotchcast™ Electrical Insulating and Sealing Compound 2104 has a low gel point rating to ensure curing at room temperature. The high-tensile strength of the resin exhibits a semi-flexible property and good adhesion property after curing. It is ideal for electrical applications that need good handling and performance characteristics. High dielectric strength offers a very good electrical insulating property to the resin. The resin allows you to insulate conductors of multi-core splices operating at 1 kV or less. It is used in 72-N, 85 Series kits. ASTM Approved and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant.
- 70 Shore A hardness
- Has 18-minute gel time at 73 degrees F (23 degrees C)
- Useful for replacing or repairing the jacket on both single- and multi-core power cables
- Comes in dark green color
- 3.46-oz capacity size A bag
- Withstands a temperature range of 32 to 194 degrees F (0 to 90 degrees C)
- Elongates 98% longer than its original size for easy insulation or wrapping
- Withstands a voltage rating of 1 kV or less
- ASTM Approved and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant
- 10 containers/case
- 3M ID: 80610073654
- Cable Accessory Products: Electrical Resins
- Color: Green
- Container Size: bag size A - 3.46 oz
- Dielectric Strength: 524 Millivolt
- Dielectric Strength (V/mil): 524 V/mil
- Elongation: 98 %
- Gel Time: 18 Minutes at 73(deg)F (23(deg)C), 18 Minutes at 73°F (23°C)
- Hardness: 70 Shore A
- Material: Polyurethane
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 130 Degree Celsius
- National Stock Number: 5970000067723, 5970000549045
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Yes
- RoHS EU Comments: RoHS 2011/65/EU compliant without exemption
- Temperature Rating: Class B
- Tensile Strength: 444 Pound-Force Per Square Inch
- Trademark: Scotchcast
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.