Scotch® Tape 2242 is a linerless 30-mil thick, general purpose, electrical rubber tape that's suitable for bus bar insulation and moisture sealing of cable ends. The high-voltage, flame-retardant tape ensures excellent tacking with its self-fusing, ethylene propylene rubber resin adhesive.
Scotch® Tape 2242 is designed for terminating and splicing wires and cables and maintains stability in temperatures up to 194 degrees F (90 degrees C). This weather-resistant tape has excellent physical and electrical properties and provides a moisture seal and void-free buildups. The highly conformable tape has a flexible, rubber backing that optimally resists UV rays and heat. ASTM Approved and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant.
- Rubber-resin adhesive provides excellent adherence while self-fusing, ethylene propylene rubber backing resists UV rays and heat.
- Tape measures 1-1/2 in x 15 ft x 30 mil
- Comes in black color
- ASTM Approved and RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant
- 1 roll/carton, 12 rolls/case
- 3M ID: 80610922967
- Adhesive Material: Rubber Resin
- Agency Approvals: ASTM D-4388 Type 1, 2 & 3, HH-I-553C
- Backing Material: Rubber
- Brand: 3M
- Breaking Strength: 7.5 lb/in
- Case Quantity: 100 Rolls
- Color: Black
- Dielectric Strength (V/mil): 750 V/mil
- Emergency Overload Temperature (Celsius): 130°C
- Emergency Overload Temperature (Fahrenheit): 266°F
- Family: 3M™ Linerless Splicing Compound 2242
- Length: 15 Linear Foot
- Material: Self-fusing EPR
- Operating Temperature (Celsius): 90 °C
- Operating Temperature (Fahrenheit): 194 °F
- Product Markets: Electrical Construction, Electrical MRO, Power Distribution
- Product Type: Rubber and Splicing Tapes
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant, Yes
- RoHS EU Comments: RoHS 2011/65/EU compliant without exemption
- Rolls per Carton: 1
- Rolls per Case: 12
- Tape Grade: Premium
- Tape Type: Medium Grade Rubber Tape
- Tensile Strength: 250 Pound-Force Per Square Inch
- Tensile Strength lb/in (N/100 mm): 7.5 (131)
- Thickness: 30 mil
- Trademark: Scotch
- Width: 1.5 Inch
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.