3M™ Cold Shrink QT-II 4604 & 4605 Series Termination Kit includes a 12-skirt, 3-piece termination. It ensures a pliable, tight seal for tape shield, wire shield and longitudinally corrugated power cables. The conjunction of high dielectric-constant material and silicone rubber insulation allows the termination to withstand voltages up to 46kV.
3M™ Cold Shrink QT-II 4604 & 4605 Series Termination Kit is designed for terminating medium voltage cables in outdoor applications. The track-resistant, silicone rubber insulation of the termination has a hydrophobic property and offers a long-lasting service life while minimizing leakage currents in wet conditions. The lower surface stress, high dielectric-constant material offers an optimized BIL performance while ensuring a leak-proof, compact fit. IEEE Standard 48 Approved for Class 1 terminations.
- Provides a void-free seal to tape shield, wire shield and longitudinally corrugated power cables
- High dielectric-constant material regulates the distribution of electric field stress
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Termination has 1.80 to 2.60-in insulation O.D.
- Accommodates wire sizes of 600 to 1500 kcmil
- Molded, silicone rubber insulation offers durability and reduces leakage currents in damp conditions
- Withstands voltages up to 46kV and is 250kV BIL-rated
- Includes a 12-skirt, 3-piece termination
- IEEE Standard 48 Approved for Class 1 terminations
- 3M ID: 80610731475
- Agency Approvals: IEEE
- Arcing Distance: 30 Inch
- Arcing Distance (metric): 76.2 cm
- BIL: 250 kV
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 1.80-2.60 in
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range (metric): 45.7-66.1 mm
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Sizes: 1000 kcmil, 1250 kcmil, 1500 kcmil, 600 kcmil, 700 kcmil, 750 kcmil, 800 kcmil, 900 kcmil
- Creepage Distance: 46 Inch
- Creepage Distance (metric): 1.17 m
- Family: QT-II
- Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor
- Insulation Rejacketing: No
- Maximum Installed Length: 28.0 in
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Number of Skirts: 12
- Product Series: 4600
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Longitudinally Corrugated (LC), Tape Shield, Wire Shield
- Trademark: 3M
- Voltage: 46 kV
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.