3M Motor Lead Splicing Kits 5300 Series are a series of kits designed for splicing motor lead cables to incoming feeder cables, including the accommodation of pigtails (stub) connections at 1000 Volts and less. The splice's main component, the lug cover, is made from EPDM rubber as a slip-on. A mastic is used for the moisture seal. These kits are designed to be used with copper compression, one-hole lugs. After being crimped onto the cables, the lugs are bolted together in a pigtail configuration, the insulated and sealed with the 3M Motor Lead Splicing Kit. Each kit makes three splices and contain all the necessary materials (except lugs) needed to make three splices. The lugs must be purchased separately. Scotchlok 30,000 Series copper compression lugs, or other UL listed copper lugs, can be used.
- Connection Type: Pigtail (1 hole lugs)
- RoHS EU Comments: RoHS 2011/65/EU compliant without exemption
- Trademark: 3M
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Yes
- Range Feeder Cable (AWG & kcmil): 250-500
- Range Motor Lead (AWG & kcmil): 4/0-500
- Voltage: 0 - 1000 V