3M™ 5415A Series Cold Shrink QS-III Splice Kit is a 15kV class inline splice designed to join jacketed concentric neutral (JCN) and concentric neutral (CN) power cables. The cold shrink design fits type MV-90 cables with copper or aluminum conductors while ensuring a quick installation and excellent cable size transitions.
3M™ 5415A Series Cold Shrink QS-III Splice Kit includes 2 adapter tubes, 2 P55/R compound tubes, six 2230 mastic sealing strips, two 2228 mastic tape rolls, a neutral/CC-3 cable cleaning pad, cable preparation template and an instruction booklet. It has a computer-aided design that provides a compact size and optimal distribution of the electrical field. The cold shrink splice body has a specially formulated silicone rubber construction to ensure good high and low temperature performance. The cold shrink jacketing with EPDM rubber construction provides physical protection. The kit meets or exceeds class-rating requirements of IEEE 404 standards.
- Inline splice for joining jacketed concentric neutral (JCN) and concentric neutral (CN) power cables
- Special electrode design of the kit reduces the electrical stress at a critical cable/splice interface
- Designed for feeder and distribution circuits, size transition splicing, direct burial installations, submerged locations and use with standard inline crimp connectors
- Cable has 0.64 to 1.01-in insulation O.D.
- Accommodates 2 to 4/0 AWG size copper or aluminum conductors
- Silicon rubber-splice body provides good high and low temperature performance, and the EPDM rubber jacket offers physical protection
- Rated for 15 kV class cables
- Factory-tested partial discharge and AC ensure reliability
- Meets or exceeds the class rating requirements of IEEE 404 standards
- 3M ID: 80611217805
- Brand: 3M™
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Material: Aluminum, Copper
- Conductor Sizes: 1 AWG, 1/0 AWG, 2 AWG, 2/0 AWG, 3/0 AWG, 4/0 AWG
- Connector Included: None
- Insulation O.D. Range: 0.64 - 1.01 Inch
- Insulation O.D. Range (Metric): 16.3 - 25.7 mm
- Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 0.64 - 1.01 Inch
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Product Series: 5415A, 5416A, 5417A, 5418A Series
- Product Technology: Cold Shrink
- Product Type: Splice
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Concentric Neutral (CN), Jacketed Concentric Neutral (JCN)
- Splice Type: Inline, QS-III, inline
- Trademark: 3M
- Voltage: 15 kV
- Voltage Application: Medium Voltage
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.