3M™ 5500 Series Molded Rubber QS-II Splice Kit is an inline splice designed to use on 15kV tape shield, wire shield, or UniShield® cables with copper or aluminum conductors. Its peroxide-cured EPDM rubber construction ensures a long life. The continuous current rating of each splice is the same as the current rating of the cable that it is sized to accommodate.
3M™ 5500 Series Molded Rubber QS-II Splice Kit includes 2 Cold Shrink™ end seals, 2 silicone grease tubes, 2 shielding tape 24 strips, a shield clamp, mastic sealing strip, shield continuity assembly, semi-con tape 13 roll, vinyl tape 35 roll, solvent-saturated cleaning pad, plastic glove and an instruction sheet. The kit meets the requirements of IEEE 404 standards.
- Inline splice to use on tape shield, wire shield, or UniShield® cables
- Designed for direct burial installations, as well as indoor and outdoor applications
- Cable has 0.637 to 0.9-in insulation O.D.
- Accommodates 2 to 1 AWG stranded and 1 to 1/0 AWG solid copper or aluminum conductors
- Peroxide-cured EPDM rubber construction provides physical protection
- Rated for 15 kV cables
- Factory-tested to offer reliability
- Meets the requirements of IEEE 404 standards
- 3M ID: 80610322622
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Material: Aluminum, Copper
- Connector Included: CI-21
- Insulation O.D. Range: 0.637 - 0.900 Inch
- Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 0.637 - 0.900 Inch
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Product Series: 5500 Series
- Product Technology: Molded Rubber
- Product Type: Splice
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Tape Shield, UniShield®, Wire Shield
- Solid Conductor Sizes: 1 AWG, 1/0 AWG
- Splice Type: Inline
- Trademark: 3M
- Voltage: 15 kV
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.