3M™ 5500 Series Molded Rubber QS-II Splice Kit is an inline splice designed to use on 15 kV-rated solid dielectric, tape shield, wire shield and UniShield® cables with aluminum or copper conductors. Its peroxide-cured, EPDM rubber construction ensures a long life. The continuous current rating of each splice is the same as the current rating of the cable that it is sized to accommodate.
3M™ 5500 Series Molded Rubber QS-II Splice Kit includes 2 cold shrink end seals, 2 silicone grease tubes, 2 shielding tape 24 strips, 1 shield clamp, 1 mastic sealing strip, 1 shield continuity assembly, 1 semi-con tape 13 roll, 1 vinyl tape 35 roll, 1 solvent saturated cleaning pad, 1 plastic glove and 1 instruction sheet. IEEE Approved.
- Inline splice to use on solid dielectric, tape shield, wire shield or UniShield® cables
- Designed for direct-burial installations, indoor and outdoor applications
- 0.84 to 1.05-in O.D. insulation
- Accommodates wire size of 2/0 AWG to 250 kcmil (stranded)
- Peroxide-cured, EPDM rubber construction provides physical protection
- Rated for 15 kV applications
- Factory-tested to offer reliability
- IEEE Approved
- 1 kit/case
- 3M ID: 80610123392
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Material: Aluminum, Copper
- Connector Included: None
- Insulation O.D. Range: 0.84 - 1.05 Inch
- Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 0.84 - 1.05 Inch
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Product Series: 5500 Series
- Product Technology: Molded Rubber
- Product Type: Splice
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Tape Shield, UniShield®, Wire Shield
- Solid Conductor Sizes: 4/0 AWG
- Splice Type: Inline
- Trademark: 3M
- Voltage: 15 kV
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.