3M™ 5515A Series Cold Shrink QS-III Splice Kit is a 15kV class inline splice designed to join tape shield, wire shield, UniShield® or longitudinally corrugated shielded power cables. The cold shrink design fits type MV-90 cables with copper conductors while ensuring a quick installation and excellent cable size transitions. The kit is 15,000 amps-rated for faults current protection.
3M™ 5515A Series Cold Shrink QS-III Splice Kit has a computer-aided design that provides a compact size and optimal distribution of the electrical field. The cold shrink splice body has a specially formulated silicone rubber construction to ensure good high and low temperature performance. The cold shrink jacketing with EPDM rubber construction provides physical protection. It is perfect for inline splicing, feeder and distribution circuits, size transition splicing, transitions from shielded to neutral power cables, direct burial installations and submerged locations. The kit meets or exceeds class-rating requirements of IEEE 404 standards.
- Inline splice for joining tape shield, wire shield, UniShield® or longitudinally corrugated shielded power cables
- Special electrode design of the kit reduces the electrical stress at a critical cable/splice interface
- Designed for feeder and distribution circuits, it transitions from shielded to neutral power cables and fits type MV-90 cables
- Cable has 1.04 to 1.7-in insulation O.D.
- Accommodates 500 kcmil size copper conductors
- Silicon rubber-splice body provides good high and low temperature performance, and the EPDM rubber jacket offers physical protection
- Rated for 15 kV class cables
- Factory-tested partial discharge and AC ensure reliability
- Meets or exceeds the class rating requirements of IEEE 404 standards
- 3M ID: 80611207251
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Material: Copper
- Conductor Sizes: 500 kcmil
- Connector Included: 10014
- Insulation O.D. Range: 1.04 - 1.70 Inch
- Insulation O.D. Range (Metric): 26.4 - 43.2 mm
- Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 1.04 - 1.70 Inch
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Product Series: 5513A, 5514A, 5515A & 5516A Series
- Product Technology: Cold Shrink
- Product Type: Splice
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Longitudinally Corrugated (LC), Tape Shield, UniShield®, Wire Shield
- Splice Type: Inline
- Trademark: 3M
- Voltage: 15 kV
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.