3M™ 5524A Series Cold Shrink QS-III Splice Kit is an inline splice designed to join 25/28 kV tape shield, wire shield, UniShield® or longitudinally corrugated shielded power cables. The cold shrink design fits type MV-90/MV-105 cables with copper or aluminum conductors, and ensures a quick installation and better cable size transitions. The kit is 15,000 amps-rated for faults current protection.
3M™ 5524A Series Cold Shrink QS-III Splice Kit includes 2 adapter tubes, 2 compound tubes, six 2230 sealing strips, two 2228 tape rolls, 2 copper tape strips, 5 connectors, a CC-3 cleaning pad, shielding sleeve, ground strap, cable preparation template and an instruction booklet. It has a computer-aided design that provides a compact size and optimal distribution of the electrical field. The cold shrink splice body has a specially formulated silicone rubber construction to ensure good high and low temperature performance. Its jacketing with EPDM rubber construction provides physical protection. The kit meets the requirements of IEEE 404 standards.
- Inline splice for joining tape shield, wire shield, UniShield® or longitudinally corrugated shielded power cables
- Special electrode design of the kit reduces the electrical stress at a critical cable/splice interface
- Designed for inline splicing, feeder and distribution circuits, size transition splicing, direct burial installations and submerged locations
- Cable has 0.84 to 1.36-in insulation O.D.
- Accommodates 1 AWG to 250 kcmil size copper or aluminum conductors
- Silicon rubber-splice body provides good high and low temperature performance, and the EPDM rubber jacket offers physical protection
- Rated for 25/28 kV cables
- High-voltage, production-tested for partial discharge and AC ensure reliability
- Meets the requirements of IEEE 404 standards
- 3M ID: 80611232325
- Brand: 3M™
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Material: Aluminum, Copper
- Conductor Sizes: 1 AWG, 1/0 AWG, 2/0 AWG, 250 kcmil, 3/0 AWG, 4/0 AWG
- Connector Included: None
- Insulation O.D. Range: 0.84 - 1.36 Inch
- Insulation O.D. Range (Metric): 21.3 - 34.5 mm
- Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 0.84 - 1.36 Inch
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Product Series: 5524A, 5525A & 5526A Series
- Product Technology: Cold Shrink
- Product Type: Splice
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Longitudinally Corrugated (LC), Tape Shield, UniShield®, Wire Shield
- Splice Type: Inline
- Trademark: 3M
- Voltage: 25/28 kV
- Voltage Application: Medium Voltage
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.