3M™ Cold Shrink QT-II 5600 & 5680 Series Termination Kit includes a 4-skirt, 1-piece termination. It ensures a pliable, tight seal for concentric neutral cables. The conjunction of high dielectric-constant material and silicone rubber insulation allows the termination to withstand voltages of 5 to 15kV.
3M™ Cold Shrink QT-II 5600 & 5680 Series Termination Kit is designed for terminating medium voltage cables in outdoor applications. When this 4-skirt, non-jacketed terminal's core is unwound, it shrinks over the cable and ensures a leak-proof, ideal fit. The track-resistant, silicone rubber insulation of the termination has a hydrophobic property and offers a long-lasting service life while minimizing leakage currents in wet conditions. IEEE Standard 48 Approved for Class 1 terminations.
- Provides a void-free seal to concentric neutral cables
- High dielectric-constant material regulates the distribution of electric field stress
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Termination has 0.64 to 1.12-in insulation O.D.
- Accommodates wire sizes of 2 AWG at 15kV
- Molded, silicone rubber insulation offers durability and reduces leakage currents in damp conditions
- Withstands voltages of 5 to 15kV and is 110 kV BIL-rated
- Includes a 4-skirt, 1-piece, cold shrink termination and an SC0001 stem connector
- IEEE Standard 48 Approved for Class 1 terminations
- 3M ID: 80610154660
- Agency Approvals: IEEE
- BIL: 110 kV
- Breakout Boot: No
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 0.64-1.12 in
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range (metric): 16.3-28.4 mm
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Size by Voltage: (5 kV, 100%) 3/0 AWG,-500 kcmil, (5 kV, 133%) 2/0 AWG,-500 kcmil, (8 kV, 100%) 2/0 AWG,-500 kcmil, (8 kV, 133%) 1/0 AWG,-350 kcmil, (15 kV) 2 AWG,
- Conductor Sizes: 1 AWG, 1/0 AWG, 2 AWG, 2/0 AWG, 250 kcmil, 3/0 AWG, 300 kcmil, 350 kcmil, 4/0 AWG, 400 kcmil, 500 kcmil
- Family: QT-II
- Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor Skirted
- Insulation Rejacketing: No
- Lug/Stem Connector Included in Kit: Yes
- Maximum Installed Length: 8.50 in
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Number of Skirts: 4
- Product Series: 5600
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Concentric Neutral (CN)
- Trademark: 3M
- Voltage: 15 kV, 5 kV, 8 kV
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.