3M™ Cold Shrink QT-II 5640 & 5650 Series Termination Kit includes an 8-skirt, 1-piece termination. It ensures a pliable, tight seal for jacketed concentric neutral power cables. The conjunction of high dielectric-constant material and silicone rubber insulation allows the termination to withstand voltages of 15 to 35kV.
3M™ Cold Shrink QT-II 5640 & 5650 Series Termination Kit is designed for terminating medium voltage cables in outdoor applications. When this 8-skirt terminal's core is unwound, it shrinks over the cable and ensures a leak-proof, ideal fit. The track-resistant, silicone rubber insulation of the termination has a hydrophobic property and offers a long-lasting service life while minimizing leakage currents in wet conditions. IEEE Standard 48 Approved for Class 1 terminations.
- Provides a void-free seal to jacketed concentric neutral power cables
- High dielectric-constant material regulates the distribution of electric field stress
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Termination has 0.84 to 1.38-in insulation O.D. and 1.19 to 1.72-in cable jacket O.D.
- Accommodates wire sizes of 1/0 AWG at 25/28 kV and 1/0 AWG at 35kV
- Molded, silicone rubber insulation offers durability and reduces leakage currents in damp conditions
- Withstands voltages of 15 to 35kV and is 200 kV BIL-rated
- Includes an 8-skirt, 1-piece, cold shrink termination, an SC0010 stem connector and an MB4 mounting bracket
- IEEE Standard 48 Approved for Class 1 terminations
- 3M ID: 80610590194
- Agency Approvals: IEEE
- BIL: 200 kV
- Breakout Boot: No
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 0.84-1.38 in
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range (metric): 21.3-35.0 mm
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Size by Voltage: (15 kV) 1/0 AWG, (25/28 kV) 1/0 AWG, (35 kV) 1/0 AWG
- Conductor Sizes: 1/0 AWG
- Family: QT-II
- Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor Skirted
- Insulation Level: 100%, 133%
- Insulation Rejacketing: No
- Jacket Outside Diameter Range: 1.19-1.72 in
- Lug/Stem Connector Included in Kit: Yes
- Maximum Installed Length: 17.50 in
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Number of Skirts: 8
- Product Series: 5640
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Jacketed Concentric Neutral (JCN)
- Trademark: 3M
- Voltage: 15 kV, 25/28 kV, 35 kV
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.