3M™ Cold Shrink QT-II 5640 & 5650 Series Termination Kit includes an 8-skirt, 1-piece termination. It ensures a pliable, tight seal for jacketed concentric neutral power cables. The conjunction of high dielectric-constant material and silicone rubber insulation allows the termination to withstand voltages of 15 to 35kV.
3M™ Cold Shrink QT-II 5640 & 5650 Series Termination Kit is designed for terminating medium voltage cables in outdoor applications. When this 8-skirt terminal's core is unwound, it shrinks over the cable and ensures a leak-proof, ideal fit. The track-resistant, silicone rubber insulation of the termination has a hydrophobic property and offers a long-lasting service life while minimizing leakage currents in wet conditions. IEEE Standard 48 Approved for Class 1 terminations.
- Provides a void-free seal to jacketed concentric neutral power cables
- High dielectric-constant material regulates the distribution of electric field stress
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Termination has 1.80 to 2.30-in insulation O.D. and 2.10 to 2.75-in cable jacket O.D.
- Accommodates wire sizes of 1000 to 1500 kcmil at 35kV
- Molded, silicone rubber insulation offers durability and reduces leakage currents in damp conditions
- Withstands voltages of 15 to 35kV and is 200 kV BIL-rated
- Includes an 8-skirt, 1-piece, cold shrink termination
- IEEE Standard 48 Approved for Class 1 terminations
- 3M ID: 80610530687
- Agency Approvals: IEEE
- BIL: 200 kV
- Breakout Boot: No
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 1.80-2.30 in
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range (metric): 45.7-58.4 mm
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Size by Voltage: (35 kV) 1000-1500 kcmil
- Conductor Sizes: 1000 kcmil, 1250 kcmil, 1500 kcmil
- Family: QT-II
- Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor Skirted
- Insulation Level: 100%, 133%
- Insulation Rejacketing: No
- Jacket Outside Diameter Range: 2.10-2.75 in
- Lug/Stem Connector Included in Kit: No
- Maximum Installed Length: 21.00 in
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Number of Skirts: 8
- Product Series: 5640
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Tape Shield
- Trademark: 3M
- Voltage: 35 kV
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.