3M™ Cold Shrink QT-II 5690K Series Termination Kit includes three 6-skirt, 1-piece terminations. It ensures a pliable, tight seal for tape shield, wire shield and UniShield® power cables. The conjunction of high dielectric-constant material and silicone rubber insulation allows the termination to withstand voltages of 15 to 25/28 kV.
3M™ Cold Shrink QT-II 5690K Series Termination Kit is designed for terminating medium voltage cables in outdoor applications. When the 6-skirt terminal's core is unwound, it shrinks over the cable and ensures a leak-proof, ideal fit. The track-resistant, silicone rubber insulation of the termination has a hydrophobic property and offers a long-lasting service life while minimizing leakage currents in wet conditions. IEEE Standard 48 Approved for Class 1 terminations.
- Provides a void-free seal to tape shield, wire shield and UniShield® power cables
- High dielectric-constant material regulates the distribution of electric field stress
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Termination has 1.30 to 1.95-in insulation O.D. and 1.50 to 2.40-in cable jacket O.D.
- Accommodates wire sizes of 800 to 1750 kcmil at 15kV 100%, 800 to 1500 kcmil at 15kV 133%, 600 to 1250 kcmil at 25/28 kV
- Molded, silicone rubber insulation offers durability and reduces leakage currents in damp conditions
- Withstands voltages of 15 to 25/28 kV and is 150 kV BIL-rated
- Includes three 6-skirt, 1-piece, cold shrink terminations
- IEEE Standard 48 Approved for Class 1 terminations
- 3M ID: 80610591341
- Agency Approvals: IEEE
- BIL: 150 kV
- Breakout Boot: No
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 1.30-1.95 in
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range (metric): 33.0-49.5 mm
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Size by Voltage: (15 kV, 100%) 800-1750 kcmil, (15 kV, 133%) 800-1500 kcmil, (25/28 kV) 600-1250 kcmil
- Conductor Sizes: 1000 kcmil, 1250 kcmil, 1500 kcmil, 1750 kcmil, 600 kcmil, 700 kcmil, 750 kcmil, 800 kcmil, 900 kcmil
- Family: QT-II
- Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor Skirted
- Insulation Level: 100%, 133%
- Insulation Rejacketing: No
- Jacket Outside Diameter Range: 1.50-2.40 in
- Lug/Stem Connector Included in Kit: No
- Maximum Installed Length: 16.75 in (Tape and Wire Shield) 16.25 in (UniShield®)
- Maximum Installed Length (metric): 425 mm (Tape and Wire Shield) 413 mm (UniShield®)
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Number of Skirts: 6
- Product Series: 5690K
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Tape Shield, UniShield®, Wire Shield
- Trademark: 3M
- Voltage: 15 kV, 25/28 kV
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.