3M™ Modular Add-On Tap Splicing Kit contains all the accessories to tap onto an existing dead-end or to combine with a 3M™ Modular Splice 5815-S for a 3-way installation, all without disturbing the original connection. This kit can be connected with a 5815-E kit for connecting parallel feeds. This kit is rated for 5 to 25 kV and 600 amps.
3M™ Modular Add-On Tap Splicing Kit contains 1 tee-module, 1 connecting plug, 1 connecting stud, 1 instruction booklet and silicone lubricant. This kit can accommodate stranded aluminum conductors and copper conductors. Meets ANSI/IEEE Standard 386.
- Splices tape shield, wire shield, UniShield® and JCN cables
- Designed for connecting parallel feeds by combining with 5815-E equipment
- Tap into an existing dead-end or to combine with a 5815-S splice for a 3-way installation
- Accommodates wire size of 2 AWG to 750 kcmil (stranded) (Cu) and 2 AWG to 1000 kcmil (stranded) (Al)
- Rated for 5 to 25 kV, 600-amp cables
- Includes 1 tee module, 1 connecting stud, 1 connecting plug, 1 instruction booklet and silicon lubricant
- Meets ANSI/IEEE Standard 386
- 1 kit/case
- 3M ID: 80610983159
- Current Rating: 600 Ampere
- Family: 3M™ Modular Tap Splicing Kit
- Product Series: 5815
- Product Type: Splice
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Separable Connector Type: Dead Break Elbows
- Splice Type: Modular
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.