3M™ Cold Shrink QT-III 7620-S, 7680-S & 7690-S Series Termination Kit includes three 1-piece, 3-phase, skirted terminations. It ensures a pliable, tight seal for tape shield, wire shield and UniShield® power cables. The conjunction of high dielectric-constant material and silicone rubber insulation allows the termination to withstand voltages of 5 to 35kV.
3M™ Cold Shrink QT-III 7620-S, 7680-S & 7690-S Series Termination Kit is designed for terminating solid dielectric-shielded, medium voltage power cables. The UV stable, track-resistant, silicone rubber insulation of the termination has a hydrophobic property and offers a long-lasting service life while minimizing leakage currents in wet conditions. The lower surface stress, high dielectric-constant material offers an optimized BIL performance while ensuring a leak-proof, compact fit. IEEE Standard 48 Class 1 Approved for outdoor, weather-protected applications.
- Provides a void-free seal to tape shield, wire shield and UniShield® power cables
- High dielectric-constant material regulates the distribution of electric field stress
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Termination has 0.32 to 0.59-in insulation O.D.
- Accommodates wire sizes of 8 to 4 AWG at 5kV, 8 to 6 AWG at 8 kV
- Silicone rubber insulation offers durability and reduces leakage currents in damp conditions
- Withstands voltages of 5 to 35kV and is 95kV BIL-rated
- Includes three 2-skirt, 1-piece, 3-phase, cold shrink terminations
- IEEE Standard 48 Class 1 Approved for outdoor, weather-exposed applications
- 3M ID: 80610839682
- Agency Approvals: IEEE
- BIL: 95 kV
- Brand: 3M
- Breakout Boot: No
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 0.32-0.59 in
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range (metric): 8.1-15.0 mm
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Size by Voltage: (5 kV) 8-4 AWG, (8 kV) 8-6 AWG
- Conductor Sizes: 4 AWG, 6 AWG, 8 AWG
- Family: QT-III
- Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor Skirted
- Insulation Level: 100%, 133%
- Insulation Rejacketing: No
- Lug/Stem Connector Included in Kit: No
- Maximum Installed Length: 10.50 in
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Number of Skirts: 2
- Product Series: 7620-S
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Tape Shield, UniShield®, Wire Shield
- Trademark: 3M™
- Voltage: 5 kV, 8 kV
- Voltage Application: Medium Voltage
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.