3M™ Cold Shrink QT-III 7640-S, 7650-S & 7660-S Series Termination Kit includes a 1-piece, skirted termination. It ensures a pliable, tight seal for jacketed concentric neutral and concentric neutral power cables. The conjunction of high dielectric-constant material and silicone rubber insulation allows the termination to withstand voltages of 5 to 35kV.
3M™ Cold Shrink QT-III 7640-S, 7650-S & 7660-S Series Termination Kit is designed for terminating medium voltage power cables. The UV stable, track-resistant, silicone rubber insulation of the termination has a hydrophobic property and offers a long-lasting service life while minimizing leakage currents in wet conditions. The lower surface stress, high dielectric-constant material offers an optimized BIL performance while ensuring a leak-proof, compact fit. IEEE Standard 48 Class 1 Approved for outdoor, weather-protected applications.
- Provides a void-free seal to jacketed concentric neutral and concentric neutral power cables
- High dielectric-constant material regulates the distribution of electric field stress
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Termination has 0.64 to 1.08-in insulation O.D.
- Accommodates wire sizes of 4/0 AWG to 400 kcmil at 5kV, 3/0 AWG to 300 kcmil at 8 kV, 2 to 4/0 AWG at 15kV
- Silicone rubber insulation offers durability and reduces leakage currents in damp conditions
- Withstands voltages of 5 to 35kV and is 110 kV BIL-rated
- Includes a 2-skirt, 1-piece, cold shrink termination
- IEEE Standard 48 Class 1 Approved for outdoor, weather-exposed applications
- 3M ID: 80610836688
- Agency Approvals: IEEE
- BIL: 110 kV
- Brand: 3M
- Breakout Boot: No
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 0.64-1.08 in
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range (metric): 16.3-27.4 mm
- Case Quantity: 1
- Conductor Size by Voltage: (5 kV) 4/0 AWG-400 kcmil, (8 kV): 3/0 AWG-300 kcmil, (15 kV) 2-4/0 AWG
- Conductor Sizes: 1 AWG, 1/0 AWG, 2 AWG, 2/0 AWG, 250 kcmil, 3/0 AWG, 300 kcmil, 350 kcmil, 4/0 AWG, 400 kcmil
- Family: QT-III
- Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor Skirted
- Insulation Level: 100%, 133%
- Insulation Rejacketing: No
- Lug/Stem Connector Included in Kit: No, Sunlight Resistant
- Maximum Installed Length: 9.80 in
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Number of Skirts: 2
- Product Series: 7640-S
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Concentric Neutral (CN), Jacketed Concentric Neutral (JCN)
- Trademark: 3M™
- Voltage: 15 kV, 5 kV, 8 kV
- Voltage Application: Medium Voltage
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.