3M™ Cold Shrink QT-III 7640-S, 7650-S & 7660-S Series Termination Kit includes a 1-piece, skirted termination. It ensures a pliable, tight seal for jacketed concentric neutral and concentric neutral power cables. The conjunction of high dielectric-constant material and silicone rubber insulation allows the termination to withstand voltages of 5 to 35kV.
3M™ Cold Shrink QT-III 7640-S, 7650-S & 7660-S Series Termination Kit is designed for terminating medium voltage power cables. The UV stable, track-resistant, silicone rubber insulation of the termination has a hydrophobic property and offers a long-lasting service life while minimizing leakage currents in wet conditions. The lower surface stress, high dielectric-constant material offers an optimized BIL performance while ensuring a leak-proof, compact fit. IEEE Standard 48 Class 1 Approved for outdoor, weather-protected applications.
- Provides a void-free seal to jacketed concentric neutral and concentric neutral power cables
- High dielectric-constant material regulates the distribution of electric field stress
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Termination has 1.53 to 2.32-in insulation O.D.
- Accommodates wire sizes of 1750 to 2000 kcmil at 5kV, 1500 to 2000 kcmil at 8 kV, 1250 to 2000 kcmil at 15kV, 900 to 1750 kcmil at 25/28 kV, 700 to 1500 kcmil at 35kV
- Silicone rubber insulation offers durability and reduces leakage currents in damp conditions
- Withstands voltages of 5 to 35kV and is 200 kV BIL-rated
- Includes an 8-skirt, 1-piece, cold shrink termination
- IEEE Standard 48 Class 1 Approved for outdoor, weather-exposed applications
- 3M ID: 80610922660
- Agency Approvals: IEEE
- BIL: 200 kV
- Brand: 3M
- Breakout Boot: No
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range: 1.53-2.32 in
- Cable Insulation Outside Diameter Range (metric): 38.9-58.9 mm
- Case Quantity: 1
- Compatible Lug: QL2-A-1000-1250, QL2-A-350-750, QL2-A-500-1000
- Conductor Size by Voltage: (5 kV) 1750-2000 kcmil, (8 kV) 1500-2000 kcmil, (15 kV) 1250-2000 kcmil, (25/28 kV) 900-1750 kcmil, (35 kV) 700-1500 kcmil
- Conductor Sizes: 1000 kcmil, 1250 kcmil, 1500 kcmil, 1750 kcmil, 2000 kcmil, 700 kcmil, 750 kcmil, 800 kcmil
- Family: QT-III
- Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor Skirted
- Insulation Level: 100%, 133%
- Insulation Rejacketing: No
- Lug/Stem Connector Included in Kit: No, Sunlight Resistant
- Maximum Installed Length: 21.50 in
- Number of Conductors: 1
- Number of Skirts: 8
- Product Series: 7660-S
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Undetermined
- RoHS EU Comments: Contact 3M for information
- Shielding Type: Concentric Neutral (CN), Jacketed Concentric Neutral (JCN)
- Trademark: 3M™
- Voltage: 15 kV, 25/28 kV, 35 kV, 5 kV, 8 kV
- Voltage Application: Medium Voltage
- Manufacturing Origin: USA
- The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components.
- Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.