3M™ Fire Barrier Composite Sheet CS-195+ is a lightweight intumescent firestop that combines four components into a single system to help slow the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gases. Sheets combine 28-gauge steel, intumescent material, wire mesh and aluminum foil and are easy to handle and install with common trade tools. They are firestop tested for up to 4 hours of fire protection.
For larger openings and penetrations where putties and strips alone aren't enough, use 3M™ Fire Barrier Composite Sheet CS-195+, a one-part firestop system that installers can cut and form to exact sizes — no mixing or damming required. These sheets are easily installed using common tools and fasteners. Ideal for firestopping penetrations such as cable trays and conduit, the sheets feature intumescent material bonded to 28-gauge galvanized steel, reinforced on its facing side with hexagonal wire mesh and covered in aluminum foil.
This combination of organic/inorganic materials makes these composite sheets a reliable firestop in tested and listed systems, new and retrofit. These materials also make an excellent thermal conductor, helping to dispel built- up radiant heat to preserve process and control equipment and help minimize cable derating concerns. 3M™ Fire Barrier Composite Sheet CS-195+ is firestop tested up to 4 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479).
- Seal penetrations through fire-rated walls and floors
- Firestop penetrations including cable trays, cable, piping and large blanks
- Multiple component installations where heat build-up and derating are concerns
- Shield conduit, HVAC ductwork, panels, valves and vital heat-sensitive process equipment
- Fire-resistive and smoke seal for any shape opening in concrete block or slabs
- Protect cable drop-outs, junction boxes and cabinets
- Intermittent firestop in horizontal and vertical cable tray runs
- In conjunction with 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant or Moldable Putty MP+
- A UL-Classified firestop used to seal cable trays, cable, piping and other items that penetrate through fire-rated walls and floors. The product firestops large blanks and provides a smoke seal (when used in conjunction with 3M™ Fire Barrier Sealant or Moldable Putty MP+) for any shape opening in concrete block or slabs. Use 3M™ Fire Barrier Composite Sheet CS-195+ to shield cable trays, conduit, HVAC ductwork, panels, valves and vital heat-sensitive process equipment. The product is effective in protecting cable drop-outs, junction boxes and cabinets, as well as in providing an intermittent firestop in horizontal and vertical cable tray runs.
- Four-component intumescent system is ideal for firestopping larger penetrations such as cable trays and conduit
- Forms effective intermittent fire-break within horizontal and vertical cable tray runs
- Hard char material tightly seals penetrations against flame spread, smoke and toxic gases
- Easy to install: cut, form and install using common trade tools for nearly any size
- Thermally conductive: allows unwanted heat build-up to escape, helping reduce derating issues
- Re-enterable for new or retrofit installations
- Firestop tested for up to 4 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
- 3M ID: 98040026019
- Brand: 3M™
- Color: Silver
- Fire Rating: 4 Hour
- Length: 28 Inch
- Length (Metric): 711 mm
- Product Type: Composite Sheet
- Size: 16 in x 28 in
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs): See Safety Data Sheet, Regulatory Data Sheet
- Water Tight: No
- Width: 16 Inch
- Width (Metric): 406 mm